Saturday, January 04, 2014

12 days of Christmas | Day 11

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Stacey gave to me, eleven memories, ten amazing movies, nine YouTube videos, eight resolutions, seven must-read books, six make-up tips, five favourite blogs, four amazing people, three recipes, two cute doggies, and a new blog post every day.
Since we are now well into January, 2013 seems like a distant memory. How about 11 memories from 2013 then?

1. Ate a banana
A completely weird memory to start this blog post off with, but I am going in chronological order. I'm not a fruit fan. I much prefer vegetables, but it can sometimes be hard to get your 5-a-day just from vegetables. I hated banana's HATED them. Even the smell used to make me throw up a bit. One of my resolutions last year was to eat more fruit, so I turned to the banana. I ate a banana for the first time in three years, and didn't throw up. Success. 

2. Went to Italy
I went to Italy with the school in Feburary last year and I really enjoyed it. The weather was like our average spring/summers day- tshirt weather, so It was nice to get away from the winter breeze and snow for a while. I remember walking around Rome with a group of friends. The girls were in shirts, and the boys were walking around in vest tops. We had Italians laughing at us because they were all in puffer jackets, hats and scarves. It wasn't that cold! Must have been our northern genes coming to use. The weather was lovely and we saw so many beautiful things. We went to Rome, the Vatican, Pompeii, Herculaneum and climbed Mount Vesuvius to name a few. It is such a beautiful country and I'd love to visit there again.




3. Bought eight CD's for less than a tenner
Another weird one, but music is so expensive these days. I basically bought 8 CD's for the price of one. BARGAIN. At the time I was branching out my music collection. In Newcastle there used to be a second-hand CD/DVD store called That's Entertainment. It would do deals like 6 CD's for £5 or 3 CD's for £5. And when they had every type of music under the sun, how could you say no? 

4. Back to the 80's
I've been in all of my High School's musicals since I joined, and they are the highlight of my school year. Last year was Back to the 80's. It's a funny musical, set in a High School, like quite a lot of musicals actually. By doing the school productions I get to meet people like me and find friends for life. In fact nearly all of my closest friends were involved in musicals or productions at one stage or another (har har, stage). It was such a fun and energetic musical, something I'll never forget.




5. My 17th Birthday
I will never forget this birthday. I saw McFly in concert for the third time. ON MY BIRTHDAY. It was such an amazing night where I got to see my favourite band with some of my favourite people. I'll never forget when they sang the words 'She looked incredible, just turned 17'. Myself and my friends screamed. A night I will never ever forget. Oh yeah, and Danny saw me waving my birthday badge around.



6. Shine Media Awards
I've already written a blog post about this, so if you want to check it out click here. The team behind our school newspaper got to the finals of the Shine School Media Awards, meaning a trip to London. Only my second ever, the first was to see Les Misérables back in 2011.
I love London, I feel like there is so much to see and do there. The fact I managed to use the tube in rush hour is something I'll never forget, because I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to cope. I'd love to go to London again, but this time do to more of the touristy things.

7. Trip to Edinburgh
My family decided we'd have a weekend break in Edinburgh over the summer holidays. I'd never been before despite it being only and hour's train journey. Although the weather wasn't too great, we had the chance to become proper tourists. The Edinburgh Fringe was on whilst we were there so we took a stroll along the Royal Mile where we saw some amazing street performers. We visited Edinburgh Castle which had amazing views. We also went to Camera Obscura which is this hilarious museum showing tricks of cameras and light. Very funny. However, my highlight had to be the ghost tour we went on. The guide was very believable and very scary. When we were below some of the nightclubs she was telling us one of the ghost stories when I felt someone grab my arm. I just assumed it was my mum, but none of my family will own up to doing it. I thought I'd like to be a ghost tour guide, it seemed really fun, until she told us that she sometimes has to be the one to blow out all of the candles in the vaults, alone with only a torch...




8. Mother/daughter time
I love my Mum. We may argue constantly but I love her really. We went on a little spa day in the summer and it was so nice to just spend time with my Mum for a change. A nice little pampering session never harmed anyone.



9. People at work
I'm really lucky to work where I did over the summer. Because The Alnwick Castle is a tourist attracting, we see over hundreds of tourists every day, so I saw many different types of people. Obviously you get some, not-so-nice people, but some people were so lovely and nice to serve, I'd leave work with a smile on my face.



10. Wuthering Heights
I also wrote a blog post about this which you can check out here. We, as a cast were close before rehearsals even began because of past shows, but the relationship we grew as a cast was like no other. We were like one big happy family and I couldn't think of better people to spend 8 weeks of my life with. 



11. University
In November I began my university application process which has been a very scary process because everything feels so real now. I've heard back from all of my 5 choices which means that if I get the grades, I will actually be leaving home and going to university. Just got a few interviews and my fate will be almost sealed!

See you all tomorrow for the final day of Christmas!

Cheerio x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!