Friday, January 03, 2014

12 Days of Christmas | Day 10

On the tenth day of Christmas, Stacey gave to me, ten amazing movies, nine YouTube videos, eight resolutions, seven must-read books, six make-up tips, five favourite blogs, four amazing people, three recipes, two cute doggies and a new blog post every day.
So far in the twelve days of Christmas I've recommended seven books and nine YouTube videos. It is about time I recommended 10 films (or movies). Obviously I may have a very different taste to you, so don't bash me for what I like (you are the worst kinds of people...), I'm simply telling you which are my favourite and recommeding you watch them if any take your fancy. Tadah.

1. Love Actually
I've seen in three times this Christmas I love it that much. Oops. It follows around different people and their Christmas love stories, who are all somehow entwined with eachother. It isn't your typical Christmas film, and it is full of familiar faces. Hello Hugh Grant.

2. Bridge to Terabithia
I first watched this in the summer when I was going through my "I need to watch everything Josh Hutcherson has ever been in" stage. I hadn't cried like this watching a film since the first time I watched Titanic. I was literally sobbing. It is so beautiful and sad. It is about two kids with an imaginary world but things sadly turn out for the words. I hugely recommend this one.

3. Billy Elliot
An absolute classic. Even if you aren't into dancing you really should see this if you haven't already. Set up north during the miners strike, it follows a young boy who wants to become a dancer but his father is very against this idea. Not giving too much away am I? Since I've seen the film probably around 20 times I really want to see it in the West End now.

4. Titanic
Of course this was going to be on the list somewhere. I cry every time I watch it. I don't even own the DVD I just watch it when it's on TV and I'm sure I've seen it at least 10 times. Not only is it a great film, Leonardo DiCaprio is also very attractive in this.

5. The Princess Diaries
It is one of those childhood classics. I loved it then and I love it now. I wish I found out I was a princess of a far away land when I was 15...

6. Wuthering Heights 
(The version with Tom Hardy and Andrew Lincoln) I first watched this because I was in a play adaptation of the book written by Emily Bronte that the 2009 film is based on. It is so chilling and thought provoking. If you fancy watching it, it is on YouTube. If you've read the book and found it difficult to understand then this will help greatly.

7.  21 Jump Street
A comedy and Channing Tatum, what more could you want? It is so funny and cannot wait for 22 Jump Street to hit our screens. I can quote so many parts of this film. Whoever was sat around me and my friends when I saw this at the cinema, I apologise for the loud laughing.

8. Moulin Rouge
This is also one of my mum's favourite films. It is just so crazy, but has the added love story with a saddening end, basically any Baz Luhrmann film. The music also makes it pretty incredible. I just love the cinematography and the way it was filmed. 

9. Romeo and Juliet
Another Baz Luhrmann film, but the music (again) just makes this so so good. Dicaprio is amazing in this modern adaptation of the Shakespeare play. 

10. Mean Girls
Last but not least. The most quotable movie of all time. Do I need to say more? Most likely not.

See you all tomorrow!

Cheerio x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!